- Community Relations
The City of Pascagoula's Community Relations Department focuses on enhancing and implementing city-wide branding strategies, image development, communications and public information programming for the City.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Assists all City's departments with public information campaigns and marketing initiatives;
- Serves as Public Information Office for City of Pascagoula; responding to all media inquiries regarding City programs, events, etc. as spokesperson(s);
- Responsible for City sponsored Special Events; work with other organizations that sponsor/produce events that promote the City of Pascagoula as a sports; tourism; festival or business destination
- Designs and implements City's public communication programming, to include social and digital media channels and website (multi-media);
- Liaison with all civic organizations and business groups;
- Drafting, designing and distributing all print and electronic materials including brochures, pamphlets and fliers, to foster public information strategies of all City departments;
- Developing and distributing news releases about City activities, programs and news to the media and other constituencies;
- Developing and distributing the City's newsletter about City programs, services, events, activities and city issues;
- Managing content on social media, mobile/digital channels and website;
- Creates content for the City of Pascagoula's utility bill statements and fliers inserted in the utility bills;
- Develops, produces and places advertising, including broadcast and print advertisements in publications and other venues;
- Creation, production and editing of video programming that informs and educates about the City and its operations for various platforms.
- Photography and Videography of City Events.
- Facilitates presentations for City Council Meetings and live stream of meetings.