NOTICE OF FUNDING FOR CDBG FY 2018 PUBLIC SERVICE ACTIVITIES
The City of Pascagoula’s Community and Economic Development Department, is soliciting applications from qualified non-profit organizations interested in providing services that address one or more of the public service needs targeted in the City’s CDBG program.
Scope of Work:
Under this program, CDBG funds may be used to provide public services (including labor, supplies, materials, facility maintenance and operation costs, and other costs).
Targeted public service activities include, but are not limited to:
- Employment services (e.g., job training)
- Crime prevention and public safety
- Child care
- Health services
- Substance abuse services (e.g., counseling and treatment)
- Education programs
- Energy conservation counseling and testing
- Services for senior citizens
- Services for homeless persons
- Recreation services
The completed application must address one or more of the targeted public service needs listed above and must serve primarily low to moderate income persons in City of Pascagoula.
Maximum Funding Per Organization: $5,000.
Implementation Period: October 1, 2018 - September 30, 2019
Selection and Evaluation Processes:
The selection process of applications for funding will include a staff evaluation and recommendation for an award based on the following criteria:
- Program Design and Community Impact 50 Points
- Experience and Capacity 30 Points
- Scope Alignment with Consolidated Plan 15 Points
- New Organization not previously funded 5 points
Notice of Funding Publication and Announcement April 25, 2018
Application Deadline May 18, 2018
Staff Recommendation to City Council June 5, 2018
Subrecipient Notification June 15, 2018
Action Plan submitted for HUD approval August 1, 2018
Subrecipient Agreements December 2018/January 2019
Each grantee selected to receive funds is required to sign an agreement with the City. Under CDBG laws and regulations, certain requirements must be met in order to negotiate an agreement. These requirements include the following:
- Applicants must demonstrate that they are a nonprofit organization or a governmental agency.
- After an application is approved for funding, an agreement will be prepared and sent by the City to the identified by the applicant as the authorized official for signature. The agreement will specify the amount of the award, the period for which the project is approved, the contract term, administrative provisions and any special conditions.
- Each agency receiving CDBG funding from the City is required to certify that it will conduct its business in compliance with the non-discrimination requirements of the City, State and Federal governments, as applicable. Equal Opportunity in Employment policies will be required.
- In the event of non-compliance, the agreement may be terminated or suspended in whole or in part.
- All recipients will be required to comply with the federal government’s audit requirements as described in OMB Circular A-133 (for HUD’s programs, these requirements are codified at 24 CFR Part 84.)
Contact and Assistance Information:
City of Pascagoula
630 Delmas Avenue Pascagoula, MS 39567
Phone: (228) 938 – 6639 Fax: (228) 938 - 6637
All applications must be received by Friday, May 18, 2018 at 4:00 PM. Late submissions will not be accepted.
Persons with disabilities may request reasonable accommodation. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodations.